Presenter: Lawrence C. Henze, J.D., Target Analytics, a Blackbaud Company
Price: Members: FREE; Nonmembers: $39
Body of Knowledge Alignment:
Domain: Data Analytics
Competencies and Levels:
- Competency 1: Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM) Competencies, Level I
- Competency 3: Data Manipulation Skills, Level I
- Competency 4: Statistical Techniques and Competencies, Level I
In a March 2011 cover article, Time Magazine explored the collection and sale of personal data in the U.S. This brand new presentation provides an in-depth look at the sources and details of data available to non-profit organizations and vendors in the U.S. and Canada. We will also discuss how the data can be applied for planned giving purposes in particular. Topical areas that will be addressed:
- Who and what are data mining companies?
- Is data mining new?
- How is data collected and distributed?
- What data is useful for planned giving programs?
- How can that data be collected?
- Giving profiles for U.S. and Canadian donors.
- Creating your own profiles.
- What the data doesn’t tell you.
- How you can use data to raise more.
Three (3) learning objectives and/or products for this presentation:
- Understand the role and purpose of data-mining companies
- Learn what information and data points are most useful
- Use data profiling to target your best prospects