Presenter: James E. Eichinger, University of Rochester
Price: Members: $49; Nonmembers: $79
Body of Knowledge Alignment:
Domain: Data Analytics, Relationship Management, Campaign
Competencies and Levels:
- DA: Competency 8: Analytics and Campaign, Level II
- RM: Competency 1: Prospect Pool/Base Analysis, Level II
- CA: Competency 8: Campaign Constituent Engagement, Level II
Donors show their love for an organization through the size or volume of their gifts. However, for the modern non-profit, that may not be the only way. Constituents may show their affinity in ways other than giving. If an organization isn’t gauging overall engagement, opportunities may be missed!
This presentation will cover five topics regarding the measurement of constituent engagement:
• What engagement is and why it is important
• Internal and external uses for quantifying engagement
• Building an external engagement score for donor recognition and strategy
• Creating an internal engagement score for defining individual engagement and identifying future volunteers
• How the University of Rochester conceived and deployed their engagement scores.
While this topic may be complicated, the presentation will deal with practical application. The presenter is focused on empowering attendees to be capable of deploying a similar style project for their own organization.