Thank you to the nearly 1,000 attendees who participated in Prospect Development 2013 for helping us to exceed our goals and expectations and for making the conference a huge success! In addition to selling out the conference, we were excited to have 358 first-time attendees and 56 attendees from countries outside the U.S., like Egypt, Singapore and South Africa.
- Jon Duschinsky, founder of bethechange, a global strategic agency that activates causes for organizations and companies alike, gave the keynote address. Cristi Broach Hendry summed it up on Facebook when she commented, "He was amazing!" Duschinsky (@jonduschinsky) left a message to APRA’s Twitter followers: "Fantastic day with the researchers at #APRAProspect13 yesterday. Thank you all and remember - make your voices heard - we need YOU!!"
- The Exhibit Hall was filled with more than 20 exhibitors. Thank you to all of our exhibitors and partners. Your presence helped to enhance the attendee experience.
- Education sessions included 47 expert-led sessions, roundtable networking talks led by APRA members’ favorite speakers and vendor seminars. In addition to the education during the event, attendees took advantage of 12 in-depth, pre-conference workshops and the New Researchers and Data Analytics symposia, which both sold out!
- Our Facebook and Twitter followers were active with lots of positive things to say about the conference. Here are a few examples of what people said:
- @PrairieJenn "Warning to universities & not-for-profits worldwide: you're going to have very excited researchers on your hands tomorrow. #APRAprospect13"
- Amanda Smith "Leaving feeling like I want to go straight to work and implement new ideas."
- Qaya Thompson "One of the best APRA conferences that I have had the pleasure to attend!!"
- Conference handouts are available now to registered attendees only. (If you registered as a non-member, please reference the session handout email you received on July 16 for login information.)
The APRA Awards Luncheon honored several people who represent the best in the profession. Congratulations to the following award winners:
- Margaret Fuhry Grant: Liz Rejman, Museum London
- APRA Scholarship, sponsored by iWave Information Systems’: Barbara Lund, Georgia Gwinnett College
- APRA Professional of the Year Award, sponsored by WealthEngine: Craig Leonard, University of Michigan
Call for Proposals for Prospect Development 2014
Want to showcase your expertise and share your knowledge with the APRA community? The call for presentations for Prospect Development 2014, the APRA Annual International Conference, is now open.
Learn more about the criteria for presentations and submit your presentation by Friday, September 27.
Save the Date for Prospect Development 2014
July 30 – August 2, 2014
The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada