Presenter: Debbie DiVirgilio, DiVirgilio and Associates, and Jennifer Filla, Aspire Research Group
Price: Members: $49; Nonmembers: $79
Body of Knowledge Alignment:
Domain: Prospect Research
Competencies and Levels:
- Competency 2: Prospect Research Essentials, Level I & Level II
- Competency 4: Utilizing Research Resources, Level I & Level II
- Competency 8: Research Checklist and Written and Verbal Skills, Level I & Level II
This webinar, produced jointly by APRA and GPA is designed to focus on specific strategies to identify foundations that may be interested in supporting an identified project. Going beyond traditional prospect research, the webinar will focus on creative research strategies that may open up new “funding doors.”
Are you struggling to find foundations that are a good match for your organization? Could you use some new ideas on searching for foundations? Join APRA and GPA for a beginner’s webinar on the basics of foundation search as well as some additional, creative strategies. We will also discuss some of the triumphs and challenges of working well within a larger fundraising team.
- Participants will understand how to search foundations by interests, geographic location, whether or not applications are accepted, etc.
- Participants will learn key strategies to qualify new prospects using the foundation’s website, information provided on their 990, etc.
- Participants will learn how to interact with potential funders on a reactive and proactive basis.
- Participants will learn specific strategies to engage in creative prospect researching.
- Participants will learn how to work within the organization’s fundraising team.