Presenters: Mike Laracy, Rapid Insight; Chuck McClenon, UT Austin
Price: Members: FREE, Non-Members: $39
Body of Knowledge Alignment:
Domain: Data Analytics
Competencies and Levels:
- Competency 1: Cross Industry Standard Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM) Competencies, Level I & Level II
- Competency 2: Project Management, Level I
- Competency 3: Data Manipulation Skills, Level I & Level II
- Competency 4: Statistical Techniques and Competencies, Level I & Level II
- Competency 5: Visualization/Reporting Techniques and Competencies, Level I & Level II
- Competency 6: Communication, Level I & Level II
- Competency 7: Fund Raising Knowledge, Level I & Level II
- Competency 9: Change Management/Strategic Thinking, Level I & Level II
In this session Chuck McClenon from UT Austin and Mike Laracy from Rapid Insight will discuss some of the statistical concepts behind predictive modeling. From demystifying R-squared to understanding how hypothesis testing and p values work, this session will give attendees a deeper understanding of the basic concepts that enable us to build predictive models. The Rapid Insight® Analytic Suite will be used at the end of the webinar to demonstrate some of these concepts.
Learning Objective 1: Attendees will acquire a deeper understanding of the mathematical concepts and statistical theory behind modeling.
Learning Objective 2: Attendees will gain knowledge that can be applied to their modeling efforts and data analytics in general.