Prospect Development 2018 Call for Speakers
Wednesday, August 8 – Saturday, August 11 | Pittsburgh, PA
Please complete the following steps to submit a proposal by Wednesday, November 1st, 2017. Log in to your Apra account and select the track that is best aligned with your content to begin. If you are not an Apra member, you will need to click here to create an account.
|Data Analytics||Prospect Research||Relationship Management||Campaigns||Strategic
Educational Tracks have been aligned with Apra's Body of Knowledge Domains to create a holistic educational experience for Apra members. Click here for session topic suggestions aligned with the BoK.
Why Should You Present at Prospect Development 2018?
Don't take our word for it! Hear what past presenters have to say
“I can’t say enough good things about my experience as a speaker at Prospect Development 2017. Not only did I get a chance to step outside my comfort zone (I dread public speaking!), but I gained confidence in myself that I was able to share my ideas and knowledge with the Apra community. The amount of personal support and appreciation I had from the Apra conference committee was amazing and since everything was so well organized I felt completely at ease when it came time to present. I highly recommend serving as a speaker- you won’t regret it!” — Stephanie Brouwer, Research Associate, United Way of Central Indiana
Speaking at Prospect Development gives you the opportunity to share the work you are passionate about with others who share that passion. Being a speaker puts you in the unique roles of student and teacher simultaneously. The support you receive from Apra and the impact you make on the work of others is invaluable. — Sharise Harrison, Managing Director, Prospect Strategy and Research, Teach for America
What Should I Prepare Before I Submit?
Download the Prospect Development 2018 submission checklist to:
- View the information we'll ask you to submit
- Get familiar with the submission guidelines
- Gain ideas on how to make your submission stand out
What Should I Submit?
Download the Prospect Development 2018 Body of Knowledge Topic Suggestions to learn more.
If I'm Selected, What is Expected of Me as a Speaker?
- Commit to presenting. No last minute speaker changes. This is an opportunity for the individual, not for the organization.
- Share your presence at the event with your social networks. Help spread the word about your session through social media to increase attendance and foster excitement around your topic and the conference!
- Meet deadlines outlined in the online speaker center for hotel booking, slides, abstracts, etc.
- Get creative! Help Apra market your session by contributing an informational blog post, creating a short video or providing anything else you feel will make your session stand out.
- Outline clear and accurate learning objectives that will provides attendees with what they will take way from the session.
- Review the Speaker Coaching Page. Visit this page for tips on developing your slides and increasing your presentation skills.