The Prospect Research domain outlines the skills, knowledge and ethical standards required to identify donor prospects, and prospective donor capacity and relationships to inform and support an organization’s fundraising strategies and outreach efforts. It includes information management, utilizing research resources, financial capacity and wealth indicators, prospect interests and relationships, screenings, and fundraising knowledge – both at intermediate and advanced levels.
Presentation proposals are due Wednesday, November 1st, 2017. Selected speakers will be notified in January. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Who is the Target Audience for this Domain?
Professionals whose job responsibilities include prospect research, or those looking to learn ways to integrate prospect research into their day-to-day work.
What are the Body Of Knowledge Competencies for this Domain?
- Competency 1: Information Management/Records Management
- Competency 2: Prospect Research Essentials
- Competency 3: Ethics
- Competency 4: Utilizing Research Resources
- Competency 5: Financial Capacity Evaluation and Wealth Indicators
- Competency 6: Prospect Interests and Networks/Relationships
- Competency 7: Screenings
- Competency 8: Research Checklist and Written and Verbal Skills
- Competency 9: Organization and Fundraising Knowledge
- Competency 10: Research and Campaign
- Competency 11: Measuring Research Efforts