- Reposting Tweets — Use the following preface when reposting tweets (also called “re-tweeting”):
RT @twitterusername: TWEET GOES HERE
- Hashtags — when posting information about the conference or while onsite, please use hashtag #apra2011 once within each tweet.
Getting Started With Twitter and Tweeting
If you don’t already have a Twitter account, here’s how to get started:
- Go to twitter.com and set up your free account.
Make sure to adjust your settings if you want your account to be private.
- Send your Twitter username to Beth Shomin so APRA can follow you.
- Start tweeting! Remember, there is a 140 character limit. Please consider sending @replies to APRA’s Twitter account. This means that you begin each tweet with @APRA_HQ — note that this will be included in your character limit. By including @APRA_HQ in your tweet, it will be searchable by other users.
- When at the conference, add #apra2012 to your tweets (at the beginning or end is fine) to help APRA followers who aren’t onsite keep up with onsite activities.
Helpful Hints to Make Tweeting Even Easier
- Use http://bit.ly/ or http://tinyurl.com/ to shorten any URL.
- Check out http://www.tweetlater.com/ to organize and schedule tweets in advance.
- If you are using a mobile device such as a Blackberry or iPhone, download a free application to manage tweets.
- HootSuite is a great tool that allows you to post your conference messages throughout multiple social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and blogs. It's free to use, and you can link all of your social media accounts into one platform. If you are active on social media, this is an excellent way to post to multiple social media outlets simultaneously.
Topic Ideas to Tweet About During the Conference
- Favorite sessions
- Favorite speakers
- Sessions you are excited to participate in
- Speakers you are excited to hear
- Networking opportunities
- Hot topics you you’re learning about
- Activities you enjoying in Minneapolis
- Finding other colleagues/peers at the APRA Conference
- @APRA_HQ Getting excited for the #apra2012 conference
- @APRA_HQ Looking forward to Session XXX with (speaker name) #apra2012
- @APRA_HQ Just finished with Session XXX, really great information! #apra2012
- @APRA_HQ Sightseeing in Austin! Check out <restaurant, attraction>! #apra2012