Prospect Development 2017 Call for Speakers
July 26 – 29, 2017 in Anaheim, CA
We invite you to join us and share your expertise with the APRA member community.
Please complete the following steps to submit a proposal by November 4, 2016.
1. Log In to your APRA account
2. Select the track that your content best aligns:
|Data Analytics||Prospect Research||Relationship Management||Campaigns||Partnerships, Leadership
*If you are not an APRA member, click here to create a guest account.
**Educational Tracks have been aligned with APRA's Body of Knowledge Domains to create a holistic educational experience for APRA members.
Why Should I Present at Prospect Development 2017?
Don't take our word for it! Hear what past presenters have to say:
"Speaking at Prospect Development has been a great way to give back to the APRA community by sharing my knowledge and experience. In preparing and presenting, I am also pushed to deepen my understanding of topics and hone my public speaking skills. I feel much more engaged with the Prospect Development conference as both an attendee and presenter." — Jon Garrow, Assistant Director, Donor Strategy & Research, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
“I’m so glad I signed up to speak at APRA this year. I love to talk about prospect development and to share ideas and start conversations with others. Being a speaker allowed me to experience the conference in a new way and gave me an opportunity to network with people who I otherwise may not have met. It was a great way to give a bit back to an organization that I have gotten so much from over the years.” — Janna Holm, Director, Relationship Management & Customer Support, Johns Hopkins Institutions
"As a first time speaker, I was very impressed with the support I received from the conference committee and APRA staff. There were lots of resources available to help me feel fully prepared - from my conference liaison who gave me good feedback on my slides, to the great training videos on speaking and dealing with nerves. The process from submission to presentation was easy. I truly enjoyed being a part of the conference agenda and am already thinking about other topics I could submit!" — Marissa Todd, Director of Prospect Management and Research, University of Central Missouri
What Should I Prepare Before I Submit?
- View the information we'll ask you to submit
- Get familiar with the submission guidelines
- Gain ideas on how to make your submission stand out
What Should I Submit?
If I'm Selected, What is Expected of Me as a Speaker?
If your proposal is selected, we expect you to:
- Commit to presenting. No last minute speaker changes. This is an opportunity for the individual, not for the organization.
- Share your presence at the event with your social networks. Help spread the word about your session through social media to increase attendance and foster excitement around your topic and the conference!
- Meet the deadlines outlined in the online speaker center for hotel booking, slides, abstracts, etc.
- Get creative! Help APRA market your session by contributing an informational blog post, creating a short video or providing anything else you feel will make your session stand out.
- Outline clear and accurate learning objectives that will provides attendees with what they will take way from the session.
- Review the Speaker Coaching Page. Visit this page for tips on developing your slides and increasing your presentation skills.