Call for Nominations
Apra Board of Directors
The Call for Nominations for the Apra Board of Directors is open. Board responsibilities include leading Apra under its established vision and strategic plan, recruiting and managing volunteers and assuming responsibility for the completion of current year activities.
The term for Director Positions filled in this upcoming election will begin September 1, 2019.
The basic requirements, in addition to a willingness to be an active participant of a working board, stipulate that each candidate must:
1. Be a voting Apra member in good standing
2. Have been an Apra member in good standing for the 12-month period preceding the nomination
3. Have worked at least three years in prospect development, analytics and/or relationship management.
Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to lead others, a track record of committee or other volunteer service, a strong interest in the field of fundraising and philanthropy as a whole, ability to communicate effectively (in person and/or through writing), and reliability in following through on commitments and meeting deadlines.
A description of responsibilities and qualifications can be found here.
Complete the nomination form to recommend a colleague or yourself for a Director position on the Board by March 1, 2019.
You may nominate as many people as you like. Please submit one nomination per candidate. We strongly encourage you to discuss your nomination with the candidate prior to submission to determine his or her interest and willingness to serve as a member of the Apra Board.
All candidate submission information is due on March 6, 2019, including the candidate statement, candidate agreement, resume and references. Once a nomination is submitted, we will follow up with a confirmation and information on the submission materials. Additional candidate information can be found in the FAQ document.
The Nominations Committee will review all nominations received to determine the slate of candidates that will be presented to the membership.
2019 Nominations & Leadership Development Committee
- Liz Rejman, 2019 Chair, Associate Director, Fundraising Operations, Pathways to Education Canada
- Janice Cunning, Life Coach, Life On Purpose
- Bond T. Lammy, Managing Associate, Bentz Whaley Flessner
- Rich Majerus, Assistant Vice President for Advancement Strategy and Donor Relations at Colby College, Colby College
- Lindsey Nadeau, Director, Research & Relationship Management, George Washington University
- Michael K Quevli, Senior Consultant, Target Analytics, a Blackbaud Company
- Dina Zelleke, Director of Research & Prospect Management, Harvard University
- Robin Rone, Ex-Officio, Executive Director, Apra Headquarters