PRSPCT-L Usage Guidelines and Etiquette
PRSPCT-L is a discussion group and mailing list of subscribers who work in non-profit fundraising, specifically those engaged in prospect research, data mining and analytics and relationship management. Members may include practitioners who work directly in these capacities for a non-profit organization, who are self-employed independent and freelance researchers, or who are employed as fundraisers, consultants and vendors within the industry. This robust membership represents diverse perspectives and can provide opportunities for sharing opinions, views and expert advice. Be open-minded and considerate of the viewpoints expressed by all members, even if these views differ from your own. All subscribers are encouraged to participate in the conversations.
To reference the full guidelines, click here.
We are in the process of migrating PRSPCT-L to a new platform. Stay tuned for a revamped platform
Want to learn more? Join us for this PRSPCT-L Webinar.
Friday, February 16, 2018
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. CT
PRSPCT-L Task Force Webinar
In this webinar, Apra's staff will explain the changes that users will see across the PRSPCT-L platform and detail how to get the most out of the Listserv. Webinar content will include:
- How to navigate the platform
- Tips and tricks for optimal use
- How to set and manage your preferences and notifications
- Plus much more!
If you're not familiar with PRSPCT-L or the changes that will occur in the platform in February, here are some common FAQ's below.
What is the purpose of PRSPCT-L?
- PRSPCT-L is a platform designed for prospect development professionals to utilize for best-practice and idea sharing. This dedicated platform contains eight different topic groups, ranging from Campaigns to Data Analytics to Tool and Resources and Job Postings. Apra hopes that PRSPCT-L is seen and used as an industry-wide resource. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why the change?
- PRSPCT-L is a valued resource, and Apra hopes to make it even more valuable to you. With the help a taskforce made up of long-time PRSPCT-L members, Apra surveyed members and subscribers regarding their PRSPCT-L use, analyzed the data that was received, assessed multiple options and ultimately designed a plan to revamp PRSPCT-L.
So, what exactly will change (and what won't)?
- There will be zero loss of functionality with the transition to the new platform
- Ease of use will remain the same or be better on the new platform than it was on the old platform
- We are working to copy all archived posts from the old platform to the new platform