Value of Being an APRA Chapter
Networking with Peers
One of the greatest resources for professional and personal development is networking with peers in Prospect Development. The Chapter network has been expanded to include not only the chapter president but all Officers. Meetings for Chapter Treasurers are now scheduled quaarterly, to provide content specific to treasurers to provide resources and discussion. Simply email APRA HQ to ensure taht all of our Officers have access to the resources.
The Chapter Forum is a community housed on APRA International's website which is a document repository and communication tool for all subscribers. Announcements and reminders of upcoming chapter meetings and educational resources are featured, along with communication between chapters to facilitate learning. Link
Chapter Summit and Prospect Development In-person Meetings
Chapter Leaders have an opportunity twice a year to meet in person, at the Chapter Summit in Chicago in February and at Prospect Development, APRA International's Annual Conference.
As an Apra chapter, your local network is linked to a larger international network of research professionals.
Apra provides the following services to all chpaters:
- Tax filing webinar
- Wild Apricot database software at volume pricing
- Apra’s 501(c)(6) group exemption (extended to your chapter after you complete the required paperwork and are in compliance with Apra’s guidelines)
- Liability insurance for all chapter officers and directors
- Assistance with conference or meeting liability insurance when facilities require it
- Information sharing and guidance from Apra Marketing & Membership Services directors
- Assistance in obtaining an official Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Assistance in completing the Articles of Incorporation required by the State of Illinois
- Completion of the Illinois Secretary of State Annual Report renewal forms each year to keep your chapter status current
Chapter Website and Event Calendar
direct access to each Apra chapter is available at www.aprahome.org. A calendar of events has been developed to list all chapter events; chapter leaders simply need to contact the Chapter Committee representative to post event dates and details.