Aug. 28-31, 2023 I Indianapolis, Indiana
The call for 2023 Prospect Development session speakers is now open! Interested in being a speaker? Please complete the following steps to submit a proposal by Feb. 17. Log in to your Apra account and select the track that is best aligned with your content to begin. If you are not an Apra member, you will need to click here to create an account.
Submit a Session
About Prospect Development Session Tracks
Sessions at Prospect Development typically coincide with an education track. Educational tracks have been aligned with Apra's Body of Knowledge domains to create a holistic educational experience for Apra members. Click here for session topic suggestions aligned with the BoK.
What Should I Submit?
For 2023, we are looking for proposals aligned with the four education tracks as well as:
- Tracking Volunteer Candidates and Engagement Opportunities
- Creating and Managing Donor Pipelines
- Practical Ways to Use Data Analytics to Support Fundraising Efforts
- Prospect Research for Smaller Shops
- Change Management
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
- The Future of Capacity Ratings
- And much more!
Ready to submit? Be sure to check out the below video for tips on how to submit a great PD 2023 speaker submission from CPC Chair Stephanie Brouwer.
If I'm Selected, What Is Expected of Me As a Speaker?
- Commit to presenting. No last-minute speaker changes. This is an opportunity for the individual, not for the organization.
- Share your presence at the event with your social networks. Help spread the word about your session through social media to increase attendance and foster excitement around your topic and the conference!
- Meet deadlines outlined in the online speaker center for hotel booking, slides, abstracts, etc.
- Get creative! Help Apra market your session by contributing an informational blog post, creating a short video or providing anything else you feel will make your session stand out.
- Outline clear and accurate learning objectives that will provide attendees with what they will take away from the session.
- Review the Speaker Coaching Page. Visit this page for tips on developing your slides and increasing your presentation skills.
Don't take our word for it! Hear what past presenters have to say:
"As a first-time presenter, Apra provided a great experience and I felt very supported from preparation all the way to presentation day."
- Emily Maple, Prospect Development Manager, Greater Twin Cities United Way
"Presenting at PD 2022 was a dream. The team behind the scenes were there with us every step of the way, and the attendees in our session were engaged and enthusiastic. We even went away with great advice from a few of them! PD professionals are brilliant, and I'm grateful I got to do some idea sharing with them."
- Kate McConnell Associate Director, Prospect Management Planned Parenthood Federation of America