Apra is proud to recognize industry accomplishments through several awards. Nominations for Apra's 2020 Awards program are now open!
The deadline to submit award nominations is April 6, 2020.
Winners will be recognized at Prospect Development 2020. View the Apra Past Awards Winners page for a list of previous award recipients.
Please note that current Selection Committee members are not eligible to receive awards.
In support of Apra's goal to promote professional growth, Apra's Scholarship Award ensures accessibility to educational programming by awarding a scholarship to a prospect development professional based on financial need and professional merit. In a
The Apra Scholarship covers the costs of conference registration, accommodation (up to four nights) and travel expenses (not to exceed
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need
- Applicants must work at least 50% of the time in prospect development, prospect management, and/or analytics for a non-profit organization in a non-consulting capacity
- Scholarship winners must wait 10 years before applying again.
Apra Margaret Fuhry Award
Established in 1998, this award is given to an Apra member who shows a commitment to the prospect development profession based on his or her leadership, mentorship
- Employed in prospect development and/or related fields in a non-consulting capacity
- Apra member
- Volunteered within two years of the submission due date
Apra Professional of the Year Award
This award was established in 1999 and is open to all Apra members. Formerly known as the Researcher of the Year award, it recognizes an outstanding prospect development professional who has made a significant positive impact on his or her organization's success in fulfilling its mission. The award is intended to recognize the skills, talents
The Apra Professional of the Year award recipient receives a full complimentary conference registration and accommodations.
- Be employed by a nonprofit organization registered with its national governing authority (if in the United States, a 501(c)(3)
- Conducts prospect research and/or relationship management in his/her position at least 50% of the time
- Be an Apra member in good standing
Apra Distinguished Service Award
Established in 1990, the Distinguished Service Award honors an individual who has enhanced both the prospect development profession and Apra through exceptional contributions beyond his/her daily paid work. The award takes into account professional competencies (the Apra Skill Sets and the Body of Knowledge) and personal competencies (contributions that facilitate learning and talents that are exceptional). Self-nominations are permitted.
- Apra membership in good standing at the time of nomination
- At least five years of experience in the field of prospect development
Nominees cannot be employees of the award sponsor or current board members of Apra International.