DAS Group Discussions
Thursday, August 1, 5:15 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
What Does "Big Data" Mean for Fundraising Analytics?
Room: Grand Saguaro East
Presented by: Brett Lantz, Data Scientist, Senior Associate Director of Analytics, University of Michigan Office of University Development
- What can we learn from the private sector?
- How do we apply "big data" methods in a resource-constrained environment?
- Is there a way to separate the hype from reality?
Taking the Next Step Up Mt. Data
Room: Grand Saguaro West
Presented by: Mirabai Auer, Director of Analytics and Business Intelligence, University of Chicago
- Pitching a conference idea to your manager and leading a new project
- Tips for stretching into your next analytics role, while in your current position
- Guidelines and criteria for selecting your next data science project
Experimental Data Science - Lessons from the Lab
Room: Grand Saguaro South
Presented by: Jason Cherry, Data Scientist, Advancement Strategy, University of Colorado, Office of Advancement;
- Data challenges, solutions, and wisdom from data science projects
- Cutting-edge tools, techniques, and approaches in experimental data science
- The role of experimentation, diversity, and creativity in problem-solving
For any questions about DAS Group Discussions, please contact Jason Cherry.