Executive Leadership Cohort 2019
Wednesday, July 31 | 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Individuals who have been accepted into the cohort will be notified beginning in early May. Additional registration cost is required; pricing is dependent on membership.
Now in its second year, the Executive Leadership Cohort is a “track within a track,” intended for those individuals who are senior leaders in Prospect Development and who have been working in the field for ten years or more. Additionally, the ELC is targeted towards those individuals who have risen beyond prospect development, who impart knowledge and externally advocate for the industry, and who set new directions while motivating and inspiring their teams and colleagues.
This targeted group will meet during Prospect Development 2019, participating in a set of discussions that will focus on the issues that Prospect Development and philanthropy face today, as well as the challenges that leaders deal with in their organizations as well as their own careers.
The ELC will kick off with a panel discussion, followed by a set of open conversations facilitated by Apra members and career professionals. The program will be highly interactive, providing attendees with content, networking, and peer-to-peer learning that will enable them to better understand the value of leadership. The discussions will be attendee-driven, framed within the context of strategic leadership (as opposed to tactical management) and an understanding of the responsibilities of a leader. Topics may include:
- Building organizational capacity
- Guiding change and transformation
- Driving performance and growth
- Going beyond team and function
How can we as leaders facilitate partnerships between our teams and leadership? We talk about collaboration, communication, and engaging at high levels – what does that mean? How can we work to align development needs with the needs of the greater organization?
Is this cohort right for you? Consider signing up for the Executive Leadership Cohort if you…
- Are a senior leader within Prospect Development. This includes: Senior Directors, AVPs and VPs and other professionals at the highest levels of our field.
- Have worked within Prospect Development or Development for ten years or more.
- Manage others within prospect development, advancement services, or advancement operations.
Participation in this Cohort is contingent on committee approval.
The Executive Leadership Cohort has been shaped by the following advisers.
- Amy Carrier, Senior Director of Advancement Information Management, Oregon State University Foundation
- Sarah Daly, Director of Development Research and Prospect Management, Southern Methodist University
- Liz Rejman, Associate Director of Fundraising Operations, Pathways to Education Canada
- Melissa Bank Stepno, Director of Client Services, Blackbaud Target Analytics
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.