Speaker Resource Page
Thank you for your commitment to speak at Prospect Development 2019 in Phoenix, Arizona. Following are deadlines, travel information and answers to frequently asked questions to make your participation as smooth and fulfilling as possible. Be sure to utilize the speaker marketing kits located below to help promote your involvement in this year's conference.
Mark Your Calendar for Important Dates
- March: Registration opens
- Monday, May 20: Email draft PowerPoint to speaker liaison (assigned in March) & schedule call to discuss
- Monday, June 24: All session presentations, handouts, and AV requests due
- Thursday, July 11: Speaker Orientation Webinar
- Wednesday, July 31 - Saturday, August 3: Prospect Development 2019 in Phoenix, AZ
If you have any questions or require additional information, contact Apra Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in reviewing more than just logistics? Check out Apra's Speaker Coaching page to review best tips and tricks from Apra Headquarters as well as seasoned Apra speakers.
- Please note: you will need to be logged in to download the file. Breakout session presentations and handouts must be submitted to Apra Headquarters no later than Monday, June 24, 2019.
- In preparing your presentation for Prospect Development 2019, remember the following:
- On the title slide, include your presentation title, name, professional title, organization and session code to assist attendees in filling out session evaluation forms. If your session has multiple speakers, list them in alphabetical order by last name.
- All presentations are to be of an educational nature and should not be used to promote products or services.
- All presentations must be prepared in PowerPoint using the official Prospect Development 2019 template.
- The number of presentation slides is not limited, but any graphics included in the presentation (i.e. charts, graphs, etc.) must be embedded in the PowerPoint file.
- Breakout session presentations and handouts must be submitted to Apra Headquarters no later than Monday, June 24, 2019 for inclusion on the conference proceedings website. Apra kindly requests that only one final version be submitted. Should presentation edits be made post-submission, Apra cannot guarantee that the updated version submitted post due-date will be uploaded to the proceedings website.
- Know your audience
- Identify the key point you want to convey on each slide
- Limit the amount of text or information displayed on each slide
- Create slides to highlight your presentation, not to duplicate exactly what you will say
- Use a large font size (at least 12 pt) — black font is recommended. Remember that those sitting in the back of the room should still be able to read your slides
- Consider asking questions throughout your presentation rather than ending with “Questions?”
- Practice. Practice. Practice.
DAS Key Questions to Consider When Building Your Presentation
- What fundraising objectives does this tool, technology and solution help improve?
- How did you select this particular project to work on?
- Why did you choose this specific tool, technology or methodology over others?
- What organizational, cultural, and change management challenges should others keep in mind when seeking to implement this type of project, tool, methodology, or change effort within their respective organizations?
- What was the one thing you discovered or found most useful/helpful as a result of exploring this problem?
- Download the Prospect Development 2019 PowerPoint template.
- To upload your presentation, click on the direct link to your abstract, included in your abstract confirmation letter or accessible on the My Presentations portion of your Apra profile
- Log in to edit your abstract
- Click “edit files” in the upper left-hand corner
- Click “add” to upload your PowerPoint file, and click "choose files" to find your file
- Under the “source type” drop-down menu, please choose “PowerPoint”
- Click "add" to upload your PDF file, and click "choose files" to find your file
- Under the "source type" drop-down menu, please choose "PDF"
- In the “download options” drop-down, ONLY select "Original Only." Selecting other formats may distort your presentation download.
- Apra will only make the PDF version of your presentation available to attendees, but we ask that you upload BOTH a PowerPoint version and a PDF version of your presentation
- If you update your presentation after the presentation/handout deadlines, please upload the new version with a new filename immediately (Title_v2).
If you have any questions about your presentation, contact email@example.com.
To help you prepare for your responsibilities as a speaker at Prospect Development 2019, Apra Headquarters hosted a speaker orientation webinar on Thursday, July 11, 2019. This webinar provided an overview of the conference experience as a speaker, including logistics and preparation needs.
Hotel & Travel
Apra has secured a room block at the following hotel for Prospect Development 2019. Rooms are limited and available on a first-come, first served basis. The hotel cutoff date is July 1, 2019, or whenever rooms sell out – whichever occurs first.
5350 E Marriott Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Rate for single/double room: $159 per night + taxes/fees
Check-in Time: 4:00 pm
Check-out Time: 11:00 am
Book your reservation online to receive Apra's negotiated room rate. you may also call 1-800-835-6206 and mention Apra to receive our discounted rate.
The Prospect Development 2019 mobile app is now available! Click here to access the app in the Google Play store. Click here to access in the Apple App store. If you already downloaded last year's app, all you have to do is open the app and it will automatically update with the 2019 conference information.
Frequently Asked Questions
All speakers are responsible for completing their registration for the conference. Registration will be available in March. You are responsible for the cost of your conference registration (unless otherwise indicated by Apra). If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are responsible for your own travel and hotel arrangements and expenses (unless otherwise indicated by Apra). Details are listed above under the "Hotel and Travel Information" headline.
Speakers are required to electronically confirm their participation as a speaker. Please reference the instructions in your speaker confirmation letter, or email@example.com.
All rooms are equipped with a LCD projector, projection screen, a wireless slide advancer, wired lavaliere microphone and wireless internet. Additional microphones will be available for sessions with multiple speakers. If you have any other AV requirements, please submit your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, June 24, 2019.
All session rooms will have Wi-Fi internet access. Both the network name and password for the Wi-Fi are: Apra2019. If you plan to show a video during your session, please make sure to download it on your jump drive prior to arriving in Phoenix.
Please note: all breakout session rooms will be equipped with laptops with Microsoft Office 2013. Make sure to bring your presentation on a USB flash drive.
Apra Headquarters has sent you the information we currently have on file specific to your session(s).
Please note: Your abstract and biography may have been edited for style and consistency for our marketing collateral.
To submit changes to the session information you received from Apra Headquarters or add a new co-presenter, you must contact email@example.com and submit your updated session information to be included on the Apra website. Session edits will be updated on the website within five business days.
Please take the time to update your profile including company and contact information. This ensures you will receive all important communications regarding your session and guarantees your profile is mobile friendly for the mobile app.
- Access the "My Options" menu in the upper right-hand corner and select "My Profile"
- Click the button "Edit Profile". Remember to hit save!
This year, we'd like to feature speakers' photos along with their session. If you do not already have a photo uploaded to your profile, please follow the instructions below.
- Access the "My Options" menu in the upper right-hand corner and select "My Profile"
- Click the "My Picture" button within the "About this User" box.
- Select "Update File" and browse to find your photo, then click "OK".
- You should now see your head shot in the "About this User" box.
Session information coming soon.
Apra will be collecting evaluations via the Prospect Development 2019 mobile app. Apra Headquarters will distribute the electronic session evaluation results via email to speakers four to six weeks after the conference.