Prospect Development 2020 Call for Speakers
Tuesday, August 4 – Friday, August 7 | Washington, D.C. | Omni Shoreham Hotel
Please complete the following steps to submit a proposal by Thursday, October 31, 2019. Log in to your Apra account and select the track that is best aligned with your content to begin. If you are not an Apra member, you will need to click here to create an account.
|Data Science||Prospect Research||Relationship Management||Campaigns||Strategic
Educational Tracks have been aligned with Apra's Body of Knowledge Domains to create a holistic educational experience for Apra members. Click here for session topic suggestions aligned with the BoK.
Why Should You Present at Prospect Development 2020?
Don't take our word for it! Hear what past presenters have to say:
"Being a speaker for Apra Prospect Development 2019 was an amazing experience. Everyone was so helpful and encouraging. The speaker team was quick to respond and were clear in their instructions and requirements. I would highly recommend speaking at an Apra conference if you haven't done so already."
- Michael Van Dyke, Business Consultant, Blackbaud Principal
"I really enjoyed presenting at Apra Prospect Development 2019. It was such a great opportunity to meet new people, participate in open discussion, and share my experiences."
- Kathleen Wieser, Development Research Associate, Cleveland Clinic
What Should I Submit?
Download the Prospect Development 2020 Body of Knowledge Topic Suggestions to learn more. For guidance on how to write effective learning objectives for your submission, download the Blooms-Taxonomy Handout.
If I'm Selected, What is Expected of Me as a Speaker?
- Commit to presenting. No last-minute speaker changes. This is an opportunity for the individual, not for the organization.
- Share your presence at the event with your social networks. Help spread the word about your session through social media to increase attendance and foster excitement around your topic and the conference!
- Meet deadlines outlined in the online speaker center for hotel booking, slides, abstracts, etc.
- Get creative! Help Apra market your session by contributing an informational blog post, creating a short video or providing anything else you feel will make your session stand out.
- Outline clear and accurate learning objectives that will provide attendees with what they will take away from the session.
- Review the Speaker Coaching Page. Visit this page for tips on developing your slides and increasing your presentation skills.