Apra Fundamentals: Prospect Research
Apra is excited to bring you Apra Fundamentals: Prospect Research! Join us for online networking opportunities and learning exercises combined with additional learning in the weeks leading up to the event. You will not only have access to the online community of attendees and faculty experts, but also the opportunity to attend a virtual program taking place March 27, 29 and 31.
Click here to register!
The program focuses on the four key areas of prospect development: Campaigns, Prospect Research, Prospect Management, and Data Science. It also explores fundraising terms and technologies as well as techniques and resources for finding and analyzing biographical, background, and financial information; introduces participants to corporate and foundation research; and delves into how available data can be used to formulate gift capacities and inform fundraising operations. In addition, the program covers guiding concepts related to prospect research, such as navigating ethical considerations in conducting research, best practices for managing and reporting prospect data, and creating quality research products.
Who Should Attend?
Fundraising professionals new to prospect development who wish to fast-track their capabilities and skill set.
What Will You Learn?
- Practical skills and knowledge to be applied immediately in prospect development work.
- The critical role prospect development plays in the fundraising process.
- How rewarding and FUN it is to work in the field of prospect development!
- Attendees will also have multiple opportunities to share experiences with other colleagues new to the field, begin to build a network of professional contacts, and acquire materials that will help to improve their work.
What Else is Included in Apra Fundamentals Registration?
In the weeks leading up to the event, registrants will be given access to an online community to network with fellow attendees, download resource material, and communicate with faculty experts. Make the most of your registration by contributing to this community!
The online learning before the event—consisting of about four hours’ worth of module training and access to a community of experts—is mandatory. It is designed to prepare you for the event education, which will cover more around ethical considerations, reporting prospect data and creating quality research products. The webinars are between 15-70 minutes each and include:
- Prospect Research Overview
- Researching Individuals: Biographical Information
- Researching Individuals: Wealth Indicators
- Corporate and Foundation Research
- Estimating Capacity Ratings
- Prospect Identification
- Relationship Management