Date: Thursday, September 22, 2022
Category: Apra News
Were all PRSPCT-L users notified of this change?
- Yes, all users were notified of this change on Wednesday, Aug. 24. Messages were sent to current Apra members and non-member users of the L with information as it pertained to their engagement with the Apra website.
Why was the original decision made to turn off PRSPCT-L to non-members?
- The initial decision to move PRSPCT-L behind a member paywall was part of a plan to reimagine the Apra membership structure. In fall 2022, Apra plans to launch a new Associate Membership level, which will be offered at a lower cost to allow more people to access the benefits of an Apra membership.
Why was it turned off so quickly?
- We apologize for the abrupt communication that PRSPCT-L would no longer be available to non-members. The decision was accelerated by planned website updates, which are scheduled to be completed in early September.
Why can’t I currently post to discussion groups in the L?
- As communicated to all members and non-member users of PRSPCT-L on August 19, the website is being moved to a new platform. As a result of this move, several areas of the site will be refreshed, including PRSPCT-L and Connections. These updates are scheduled to be completed in September. Until updates are complete, all users — both Apra members and guests — will not be able to join or renew their membership, update their member profile, donate, or post to discussion groups in PRSPCT-L.
Will the updated PRSPCT-L be sold to sponsors? Is the decision in any way related to fundraising?
- No, PRSPCT-L — both new and old — will remain free of sponsorships. The decision was not motivated by money or fundraising.
Will I be able to access previous discussion groups on the updated PRSPCT-L?
- Yes. 10 years’ worth of discussion groups and their content will be available in the updated PRSPCT-L.