The Body of Knowledge Career Roadmap is a new, interactive guide available exclusively to Apra members.
Apra’s Body of Knowledge (BoK) is a comprehensive resource outlining the skills prospect development professionals must master in various domains to excel in their roles.
With the new, interactive Body of Knowledge Career Roadmap, you can supplement the BoK to learn practical ways to develop your skills, especially if you’re in the first five years of your career. Got more than five years of experience? There are still plenty of great takeaways!
Access the Career Roadmap
The Career Roadmap is available to members only. Join Apra to access with the link above.
"Apra is thrilled to provide this interactive, engaging and incredibly beneficial resource to our members. Whether you’re just starting out in prospect development or are mid-career, the Career Roadmaps provides you with a step-by-step guide to mastering the skills you need to thrive in this profession and cultivate a meaningful and fulfilling career.”
– Misa Lobato, Apra President
With the BoK Career Roadmap, it's your turn, and you hold all the cards. Once you start, you'll be able to identify opportunities, meet challenges and build your confidence while creating connections. A few years into your role? Skip those spaces and head to the mid-career section!
- Links to resources including past session recordings, handouts, toolkits and articles
- Question prompts to help you self-reflect, prepare for meetings with your manager and/or better understand the organizational structure
- Curated book recommendations
- 15+ perspectives from Prospect Development professionals on career navigation, chapter involvement, advocacy and more
- A guide to Personality Assessment Tools
- Time management resources
- Volunteer opportunities
- Networking opportunities
- And more!
Check out this article from Apra Canada President, Katherine Scott, to get a preview of the BoK Career Roadmap!
How to Use this Tool
- Managers: Review the roadmap with your new hires and team members, finding opportunities to set goals for their professional development.
- Prospect Development Professionals: Use this as a step-by-step guide to mastering the skills you need to excel in your role or take your career to the next step.